Thursday 17 November 2016

My Work Experience in Trinity College by Caiti Farren


I was one of the lucky 25 people from around the country to be offered the opportunity to do their work experience in Trinity in the Biochemistry and Immunology Department. On the first day, none of us had a clue about what we would be doing but throughout the week we learned a lot about immunology and how cells react to protect themselves from disease. We were assigned labs to work in and at the end of the week we even got to see where all the animals were kept, but we had to wear a lot of protective clothing. It was really interesting to work in a lab because the people we were working with were finding cures for MS and Whooping Cough. I also learned a lot about what it's like to be a Ph.D. Student in science. It was a great experience that really helped me to decide what kind of career path I want to take in the future.
- Caití Farren TYA

No comments:

Post a Comment